Tuesday, July 31, 2007

More kashi anyone?

The "newness" of the experience here is starting to wear off. I, for one, am getting a little tired of a dozen varieties of kashi and hotdogs. I look forward to food that crunches. The food has actually been very good, but it's not like home. I think I would trade my digital camera for a slice of my wife's chicken pesto pizza. I think the water is starting to have an affect on our digestive systems as some of us are feeling a little squirmy. From now on it's bottled water only.

We played softball with some of the staff and campers today. The only other time I've felt so talented on a baseball diamond was when I played with a similar group in China. It doesn't take much skill to be leagues above someone who has never held a bat. They're a very athletic crew but baseball takes a little practice. They picked it up fairly quickly and I look forward to more games. Mike shared his testimony tonight at the meeting. By God's grace, he's feeling much better and did a great job communicating.

One of the brothers here, Andre, is a graphic designer. I asked if he would be willing to design a logo for Crossroads. Within a day he had a half dozen options to choose from. They're all amazing and I can't wait to show them to the rest of our college crew. I don't know how much that would cost to have done in the free market, but it can't be cheap. Andre did it for free, although he keeps joking about a payment of 25 American t-shirts. At least, I think he's joking. Like I said, it's hard to tell sometimes. He's a very neat and creative guy, always quick with a sound effect and facial expression to emphasize a story or joke. He's one of the many Russian brothers and sisters we'll miss when we head home (which is less than a week now).

God bless!

2 comments:

Mario Chen said...

I like your stories. Hope you guys are allright and come back safely. God bless everyone~
Best regards from biology lab
Mario Chen :)

Miggs said...

It's been enjoyable to follow your experiences in Russia. Kelly and I are praying that you will finish strong. I know in the beginning you are running on adrenaline and all the excitement of being on a mission project. We are encouraged by all of your passion and dedication to making Christ known among the nations!

Jacque